4.24.2010

"Single Saturday's" - #2 - weekly question as you ponder your path!

Do you embrace the mystery?
One of our greatest pleasures in life as a married couple is knowing we never cheated on ourselves as singles! We lived! We took the journey head on and found out who we are as individuals. This is not a task that many find necessary. Most singles are so busy wanting to hook up, that they don't know who they are presenting in relationships.

Do you know who you are? Have you expanded your horizons to increase the attraction level the opposite sex has for you? The first week we wanted to know what you're looking for in someone else, but this week's question is geared towards knowing if you know how cool it is being you. 

SINGLE SATURDAY QUESTION OF THE WEEK:
Ladies and gentlemen: How do you embrace the mystery of being alone? 

2 comments:

  1. In my season of singleness, here's how I have embraced not having my life partner yet: I find that I love my own company because I love and know myself; I enjoy God's close companionship; my family/friendship circle is meaningful to me; and my sense of purpose causes my focus not to dwell on being alone. That's not to say that I don't feel moments of loneliness, as I hold the capacity for my marriage and family, which will be a wonderful addition to my life. Lastly, I also find that preparing myself for the promise of marriage is much more productive than focusing on the absence of it. "It's best to be prepared for an opportunity, and not have one, than to have an opportunity, and not be prepared." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is way overdue...but your response is more than awesome! Your mention of purpose focusing you is such a wonderful way to stay the course and remain connected to looking for destiny to impact your actions so that the moments of loneliness don't overwhelm you! And you are telling the truth about being prepared for opportunity! Your life is such an example to others about how to remain focused no matter what comes! We celebrate you!

    ReplyDelete