4.12.2010

"Married Mondays" - #4 - Short & Simple Question for our Readers!

Hey family!  We didn't forget our married couples.  Today when I was making a late breakfast for the Mister, he was on a somewhat important phone call that couldn't be ended when I placed his food on the table.  I motioned for him to come eat, and I slipped into the other room with my food as I sat on the bed running through my "to do list" in my head.  My thoughts were interrupted when he came to the door and told me to finish eating at the table.  It really didn't matter to me at that moment, since my mind was preoccupied.

When he finished his call, Darryl said something very important. "I've spent most of my adult life eating on the run, standing up, sitting in random places—we need to always remember to take the time to sit at the table, look at each other, and enjoy our food together!"

How true is this for couples? We're always so busy trying to do "the next thing", that we often negate the present moment we can spend with each other.  One of the most important parts of a meal is the fellowship.  Today's question: How do you and your spouse spend quality time with each other and are you getting enough of it?

Today's song suggestion is quite hysterical! When this song comes on in the house, we both crack up laughing while singing! Check it out to add a smile to your day!

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe we are speechless we always have something to say. We read the blog as part of our Monday quality time when the kids go to bed. When we finished reading we sat up and said we need to work on spending more quality time together. Let’s try to make every moment count even if it’s looking at the ceiling. Things have been busy taking care of things that don’t matter. So yesterday we refocused and are lined up to truly engaging in our beautiful marriage that is rooted and Grounded in CHRIST JESUS... Thanks Pastor T & D we needed this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Colemans! One of the greatest tools the enemy has against marriage is a wedge to drive us away from each other. That can look like work, busy-ness, outside forces like friends, etc.... even kids can get in the middle of a marriage. The most powerful thing you all possess is each other! Cherish the union!
    Mad love for you - The Ordells!

    ReplyDelete