5.08.2010

"Single Saturday's" - #3 - weekly question as you ponder your path!


It's interesting what you'll do to make a relationship work.  It's even more interesting what you won't be willing to do to make a relationship work.  When my husband married me, he inheirited my two girls, Peace & Joy.  As a result of his adoption, we start and end every day by picking up crap! 

Once when a friend was getting married, she came to spend the weekend with me prior to the big day.  Before she left, I told her I wanted her to go with me to walk the girls.  As I handed her the leash, I also handed her a little green bag for the poop.  The walk began and eventually nature had her way and the dogs had to "go".  After they finished, the stinch filled the air then I motioned for her to pick up the crap!  She looked disgusted, but I told her, "this is your first lesson in marriage... everyday you have to pick up crap!"  It's true... no relationship is free without it.  

As you fantasize about how glamorous and glorious it will be to be married... just remember the crap will come but love can handle all!  Now if you're going to pick up crap, be sure to have your baggies to gather it up and throw it away.  Don't let stuff simmer... or the smell and intensity of it all gets worst.


Single Saturday Question of the Week:  
How good are you at picking up crap???  Do you think you could handle arguments, hard times and communication problems ... and then forgive your spouse, let it all go and push on with your day???

1 comment:

  1. First things first! Hi Peace and Joy :)... I believe this was a great reminder and reality check , even a good visual reminder(re:forgiveness in all my relationships) as I take my walk daily through the neighborhood, beacuase I am sure I will see plenty of "it".

    ReplyDelete