4.10.2010

"Single Saturday's" - #1 - weekly question as you ponder your path!

It's been brought to our attention, that single folks want the same opportunity to gain insight, exchange ideas and be encouraged on a weekly basis... just like the married folks do! So here we go!
A solid relationship is like great choreography!

WIFE'S INTRO:
Being single till 40 showed me plenty of things about dating, understanding who you are, and more importantly... understanding who you want to "GIVES' YOUR TIME TO"!!! Man, I tell you I could write a book just on the "types" of guys I've dated! It got to be funny ... My family actually suggested I not date people whose last name started with certain letters.  Yes, my single life was funny.  One thing I can definitely say, I knew what I was looking for...and never settled, even if I got caught up in the moment!


HUSBAND'S INTRO:
My perspective was slightly different...I had no idea what I was looking for.  I just wanted a woman that was pretty to me.  So, I had a few rules to help navigate through this mind-field that we call dating.  1) Never introduce ANYONE to your mom, period.  If you've met my mom, you understand.  2) Never date Dee Dee's, Shakia's or anyone whose name ends in two vowels.  3) And last but not least, Always, Always go to church...any man can get a "date" there!


SINGLE SATURDAY QUESTION OF THE WEEK:
Name the top 5 attributes you'd want the person you would like to marry to possess. (Note: "Being a Christian" is a given, so think harder...)

5 comments:

  1. Affectionate
    Giver
    Loves his mother
    Compassionate
    Servant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise
    Affectionate
    Hard working
    Witty
    Full of Integrity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trustworthy
    Goal Oriented
    Wise
    Humble
    Adores the one hes with (me ;-))
    And if the last one doesnt count, ill also say attentive

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. sensitive without being wimpy or weak
    2. strong leadership with the ability to be tender & communicate clearly
    3. sensible financially without being stingy or unnecessarily extravagant
    4. courageous without being careless and reckless
    5. honest without being judgmental or excessively critical

    Clearly stating these attributes I hope to find in him makes me look again into the treasure of my own heart to find these treasures abundantly available there for him.

    *Moore-Like-Jesus*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trustworthy
    Sensible
    fighter(if that makes any sense)-Someone who is going to honor the committment.
    Open
    unselfish

    *bonous.... Hardworking/ambitious

    ReplyDelete