4.19.2010

"Married Mondays" - #4 - Short & Simple Question for our Readers!

Always have each other's back!
How are you doing?  Ready to face the week?  Today we want to provoke couples to be more cognizant of each other, through the good and especially the bad.  As time rolls on, we often forget to make our spouse a priority. Some begin to value things and others more than the one God blessed them with in marriage.  Never forget to give yourself away to each other.



Today's question: How does your spouse make your life easier?  Remember the first time you realized they had your back no matter what.  It could've been something as simply as doing the dishes; picking the kids up from school or supporting you as you took a chance on a new business venture even though there was no money in the budget to do so.  As you ponder our question, find a way this week to make your spouse's life a little easier, what ever it takes!  Think about it this way:  God pours into each of you so you can pour into one another.  If she puts you first and you put her first, you're both taken care of.

6 comments:

  1. It may sound a little minor to some people, but my husband makes my life easier when it comes to our dogs! lol - I've had Peace & Joy for 10 years now, and those that know me... know they are like my children. They are known as The Girls! Well, since we don't have a fenced in yard, they have to be walked. Atlanta is a whole lot colder than LA in the winter... so when I decide to punk out - he gets up, bundles up and walks them rain - snow - or freezing temperatures! Even when I'm just plain 'ol sleepy... a brother handles his business! When he's out of town for work, he calls and says, "baby, I'm sorry I'm not there to walk the girls for you!" It just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks T. This was very helpful. As Ahmad and I gear up for marriage, work on our business and raise our boys sometimes I tend to be so focus on all the task than being in tuned with his feelings. Your blog is an affirmation that effort is required for anything in life worth having. Love You
    Trinity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa & Darryl,
    We would like you both to know that we love Marriage Mondays it real and most of all rewarding.

    Wife’s Response: My husband makes life easy for me in every season. This particular season he is home more so he takes cares of everything at home from, cooking to picking up kids. My husband in other seasons of our marriage would adjust to the need of the family and always, always, always save me from myself. I can worry and over extend myself and he will jump in and say enough is enough. I love how through the years he has been able to meet my needs on every level, sickness, rich or poor. I believe this is because he is Gods man……

    Husbands Response: You see she tried to just take up all the space. Mrs. Coleman makes life easier for me every day because she comes home to me. I was married before and my ex-wife was always in the streets doing Lord knows what. She is a God fearing woman that loves me the way God see’s me. She is patient and always has a way of making things simple for me. What I love is that she is always catching the things that I miss. She adds the extra that makes everything great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome balance... we have a couple married with three children, newly weds for a year, and a couple just months away from being married! We all know that our priorities can get off focus! But to have someone appreciate and love you for the minor things that are major in their eyes, is more than a blessing.

    Mr. Coleman - I like how you made it simple in a way, yet major... "she comes home to me". We trust that all couples will "come home" mentally, emotionally, spiritually in addition to physically!

    Stand firm, and Trinity - hold tight to Ahmad, he's more than a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harold - My wife handles the budget.
    Maya - He keeps the baby, so I can take voice lessons and go to the gym. It's is something that feeds my soul.

    ReplyDelete