9.15.2009

Bride's Story - How we met!


Note to readers: I will not be held responsible by law for any lies, exaggerations, silliness or extraordinary facts below written by my husband. I'm being paid a hefty sum by his family unbeknownst to him; therefore, I endure all types of treatment to put gas in my car! What can I say, there's a recession and I must marry!

This is the story of how Darryl took over my life:
If you've read my new book, No Room for Excuses, then you've seen my dedication and brief story of how I came to know and fall deeply and passionately in love with my one and only LBD! Darryl's the best-est ever in the world for me!

In a nut shell, the adorable Dale Williams (my sister in law) was at Straight Gate Church's Summer Street Jam with Candace Johnson and saw me throughout the weekend and wanted to meet me to introduce me to her brother. When I think of this, it always amazes me when I consider the power of integrity. If I had appeared rude or arrogant, she would have never been compelled to further the divine order of the steps to my marriage.

When we met at the Johnson's home, she wasted no time and asked if it was okay for her brother to call. Well, if anyone knows Vicki Johnson... then you know that she grabbed my phone and made sure Darryl's number was saved!

I will let him tell you about our first phone call... but I will say that we seriously became friends! At one point, he did tell me, "you know we're gonna be together, right?" But I just wasn't ready to imagine the shift! So after attempting to date two other guys that were soooo not for me, I had to swallow my pride and call the one true person that cared the most... fast forward to how we finally came to our senses!

...at the end of 2007, I found out that I had to have surgery again and was quite upset about the prospect. When I told the gentleman I was dating at the time that I'd need surgery... he was far from concerned. My immediate instinct was to call Darryl and when I picked up the phone to do so, my phone was ringing as he called me. The first thing he said was, "what's going on with you, I had a dream that you were in trouble."

From that time forward, he called to check on me. December 21, 2007 we met for dinner and to see the movie Beowulf. Suddenly we were mature enough to stop coming up with reasons to put off being together. Hanging out that night, I had no idea that December 25, 2008 I would say yes to his marriage proposal!

My surgery was scheduled for January 3, 2008, and he flew to Atlanta to be by my side. He slept in a hospital chair, did food errands for the family, brought me flowers and heard God say I was his wife. Laying there recovering from surgery at one of my non-prettiest moments in life, I had no idea that January 3, 2009 I would be buying my wedding dress!

In April 2008 he bought me a house as a very huge engagement ring to live in!!! Personally, I believe this was a lot more amazing and sexier than a immediately getting a diamond ring. Moving in the house, I had no idea that April 2009 I would be marrying the man I love so very much! My laughing measures have increased greatly - how cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment