7.21.2011

Almost Friends Again with Babies R Us

Okay, let's try another go at this relationship! As many of you know, I was devastated (yes, I know that's dramatic) with the Rewards department at Babies R Us for messing up my reward redemption certificates. I vowed not to return to the store.  This plan was set in motion, until I realized I needed to use the gift cards in my possession before cutting them off as Iris Grace's store of choice for all her needs.

Well, when using the last of my gift cards, there was an error on their part with my online purchase. Once again, I was on the phone trying to rectify the situation.  Calmly I asked, what exactly went wrong with the order.  Well, the young lady was so nice and simply stated, "it was really our fault so we'll give you 20% off your next online order."

This sounded great, but usually their 20% off coupons come with restrictions... but not this time. I called back to make another order, and I was allowed to use this discount in combination with their 50% off wipes with the purchase of a value box of pampers.  So needless to say, I was very happy with my savings and the great customer service.  This representative was definitely more helpful than the previous one.

More later on the final outcome.  I have plans to use my redemption reward dollars this week.  Once all goes well, I will shout it on the rooftops!  Since the first mishap, I've gone online and studied their coupons and figured out what items are better to purchase there rather than Target.  Now, of course, beating out Target on some items is hard to do... but being a baby specialty store gives them space to get in the ring!


I estimate that as my newborn grows, I will be shopping at Babies & Toys R Us for quite some time if all goes well.  Many know I have quite the big mouth.  So if they make me happy, I'll be sure to let you all know!  One good selling point about the store is their return policy is very hassle free!  Another major selling point is the nursing/changing room for moms.  I've had to feed Grace there twice when she got fussy during our shopping time.  Not sure of any other stores that have that area.

But moms be alert... there's competition in town!  Buy Buy Baby is a division of Bed, Bath and Beyond.  We bought our diaper bag there and was able to use the BBB 20% off coupon at the baby store which was very cool! 




Ok, more later... happy shopping!
#teamcoupons
#teamirisgrace
#teamnewmommy

Theresa Ordell... The Mrs.!
If you have any insight into shopping for your baby, please post to the blog so readers can get the information.  Always read fine print, get clear on the store policies and be wise with your dollars-gift cards or cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment