3.31.2011

Baby Shower Blessings - our story!

My baby shower was filled with encouragement for women that wanted to be either married or have children.  Along with my dear friend, Jennifer Lyles, I shared my testimony for those in attendance so that they could understand the magnitude of our rejoicing and the babies name. We also had a program with other testimonies of women that had children against all odds.  The following prayer was given to those in attendance.

A Prayer for My Sisters

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for your many blessings. On this day I lift up my sisters and ask that you would give them peace concerning marriage and children. Darryl and I ask that you would grant to every single woman the desires of her heart for a godly mate. We ask you to save and deliver men and raise them up to be godly husbands and fathers.  Protect single women from hidden deception and calm all feelings of anxiety.  Grant to my sisters the blessed assurance of your perfect timing and perfect will.  We lift up the married women and I pray you would revive and strengthen their marriages. Protect them from the deadly assaults of disunity, disharmony and divorce. Bless those who are longing to conceive children with a healthy and fruitful womb. We pray you would keep our hearts open to adoption and to all children who are in need of love and support.  We bind the attacks of the enemy that would hinder the abundant births of children being born into godly families with both fathers and mothers present and united in holy marriage.  We ask you to crown the parents with the wisdom, provision and strength to raise godly seed. I pray they would lead their children to creativity, knowledge and understanding and they would teach them godliness according to Deuteronomy 11:18-21. Today we stand in unity to bless and uphold young marriages and families including the ones that will soon come into being.  We confess according to Psalm 144:11-15 that our families will flourish and will leave a godly heritage in the earth. In Jesus' glorious name... be it unto you!  
 
Follow peace and be encouraged.
Theresa McFaddin Ordell


No comments:

Post a Comment